Monday

What is continuity?

Continuity is something in TV, Film, Theatre where you are to recreate a look over and over again spot on to look the same as the first time you created. This is done a lot in TV and Film make up and hair. If the scene is being filmed and cut through the middle the make up artist is then to recreate the look for another day but exactly the same so therefore not noticed by the consumer therefore creating a realistic continuity. If this is not done to a good enough standard then it is known as a continuity error. Even in some blockbusters today there is still continuity errors. 


Here is an image from the hit TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it shows the continuity for creating wounds for the re shooting. 

For continuity in our assessment we are to recreate our Miss Havisham character trying to create it spot on for a second time. I'm hoping I can do this, I believe by creating my self a clear step by step guide, templates and taking many photos I can do this continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment