Tuesday

Creating Quentin

Product List:

  • Ultra foundation
  • Illamasqua Skin Base
  • Ben Nye Powder
  • Kryolan concealer
  • Tissue
  • Duo eyelash adhesive
  • Aqua Colours
  • Supra Colours
  • Illamasqua contour palette
  • Vivo eyebrow palette 
  • Hair wax
  • comb
  • hairspray
I began by setting up work station and started preparing the skin for the foundation base, I mixed it slightly lighter to create a dead vampire look. I applied this, blending with a wet sponge as I went. I powdered this and then began to create the veins. I applied duo glue (less harsh to remove then liquid latex) under the eyes in different shaped lines and applied small rolled up bits of tissue to the glue. I did this to both sides then coloured it in foundation to match the skin. I then took brown eye shadow to the top lip and blended this over. I then started to colour the veins with blues, reds and greys from my aqua colour palette. I added red liner to the lash line and water line and blended this out, and then red supra colour and blended this out under the eyes also. I then moved onto making the facial hair darker, I took brown eye shadow and ran it through the eyebrows and then blended it with a big fluffy brush into the facial hair that was already on my models face. I then dripped a bit of fake blood on one side of the mouth to make it look like the vampire had been feeding. Next it was time for hair and it was very simple I just took a small piece of wax, warmed it up between my fingers and started spiking the hair up. I finished with hairspray. 





I then shot on a staircase for a location, I liked this because the series is about modern vampires and the lighting looked eerie and creepy.

Here are some action shots...








EVALUATION: 

Overall I am very pleased with how my Quentin look turned out. I think the veins look quite realistic and like the ones on the vampires on The Vampire Diaries. I dressed him in black just like the character Damon Salvatore in the show and to show up on the white background. I really enjoyed creating these characters and I would love to see what this make up would look like in an outside surrounding location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment