I wanted to create realistic scratches that I could create quickly and again for continuity. I started by doing some research and came across some images on the internet.
Image taken from Google.

Image taken from Google.

Image taken from Google.
I then looked at YouTube tutorials to have a look at how long it would take to create a realistic scratch to the skin, I found some very helpful ones. I also referred back to Richard Corson's Stage Make up book to learn what products to use.
I decided the quickest way I was going to create them was by using cream paints and scab blood and colouring it correctly.
I began to practice on my model Jamie.


I am very happy with how these came out. They are meant to be shown as anxiety scratches and something that my Miss Havisham does out of habit when she is nervous.
Product List:
- Ben Nye Cream paints, bruise and blood wheels
- Kryolan scab blood
- Kryolan supra colours
- Thin detail artists brushes
- Latex Make up Sponges
- Cotton buds
No comments:
Post a Comment