Monday

Practical Session: First in class Make Up and Hair practice of Miss Havisham

In class this week we were told to practice our Miss Havisham for continuity. Here is some of my images of the look I created.





This was the final hair look I created, after discussing with my tutor Helen we decided the curls were not historically correct and I had to change them for next time.

Product List:
  • Curling Tongs
  • Comb
  • Brush
  • Sectioning Clips
  • Hair pins and grips in brunette
  • Hairspray




I am happy with the outcome of my Miss Havisham. 

Product List
  • Ultra foundation 
  • Illamasqua skin base in white
  • Ben Nye white translucent powder
  • Kryolan supra colour
  • Kryolan eye shadows
  • Duo glue
  • Kyrolan scab blood
  • Ben Nye cream colour wheels
  • Barry M lip liner in Red
I began by applying a mix of Ultra foundation and skin base in white in equal parts. I then applied this liberally to the face, neck, chest and ears of my model Jasmine. I mixed, black, white and blue supra colours to create my contour colour, I applied this to under the cheek bones, under the eyes, between the eyebrows and on the forehead to create wrinkles. I set this all with a Ben Nye translucent powder and highlighted the correct areas with Kyrolan white eye shadow. I applied 3 layers of duo eyelash adhesive to the lips and allowed each layer to dry before I applied the next one. I then picked at the duo glue with tweezers to create two small wounds on the lips. I coloured these with cream paints and filled them with scab blood. I then moved onto the eyes and applied red eye liner to the water line and smudged some under the lash line to make them look like they were sore. I then brushed the brows through and applied white with the smallest amount of yellow supracolour to create greying brows. I then moved on to the anxiety scratch on the next. I drew them out with a fine liner brush and then coloured them with a bruise wheel and blood wheel from Ben Nye. I added scab blood to make it look like she had just scratched them and then my Miss Havisham was complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment