Analysis of Estella from Great Expectations
Great Expectations 2011 BBC version
In this version of Great Expectations Estella is portrayed by an actress called Vanessa Kirby. I really liked this version of Estella, I believe the actress portrayed the character Dickens has created perfectly. Her make up and styling was very beautiful and thought about. Through out the episodes she has many different looks but I particularly like this one from the picture to the right. The hair isn't over glossy so therefore it being historically correct unlike the 2012 movie version. The curls dropping near her ears look very pretty and that the hair is very late Victorian which would have been correct. Her make up is very natural (again, historically correct) with flushed cheeks and natural coloured lips. I think this portrayal of Estella is my favourite because of how historically correct it is. And because this is how I would imagine my Estella to look for my project.
Great Expectations 2013 Movie Version
This version is portrayed by Holiday Granger. This is my least favourite version of Estella because I think the styling is incorrect. She has very many different looks in the movie and I think there is a very modern twist on all of the looks. When talking about hairstyles the picture to the left, could benefit with having a middle parting or for the hair to be less slick and shiny. This is incorrect because they wouldn't have had the products to create these shiny glamorous hair. Victorian hair was badly burnt and destroyed or even burnt off because of the technique they used to curl hair. The make up is correct though they didn't wear any and its obvious she hasn't anything on her lashes.

No comments:
Post a Comment