
This design is most likely going to be the one I pick because of the fact it is my favourite, I have both special effects and normal make up I am happy with incorporated into the design. It is a very light hand of old age make up, using grey and ashy tones instead of skin colours. I wanted these colours because I think they suit the skin tone so much better for the ghostly look I want to go with. This is using inspiration from the 2011 BBC version of Great Expectations. I want to have sunken in cheek bones and sunken bags under the eyes. I will apply red liner to the bottom water line and red supra colour under the eyes to make them look sore and irritated either from the fact she has been crying and upset or the fact she is allergic to the dirty dust in her house or even because of the diseases about in the Victorian era. I will design a bitten, infected lip with probably duo glue and supra colours for the redness and blood scab for the infected pussy bloody wounds. I will also create four scratches down the side of the neck which will look like anxiety scratches as I want my Miss Havisham to look mental and crazy and to show on the outside she obviously has mental health issues.
For this design I have decided I am going to use a natural skin tone and natural skin tone colours of foundation to sculpt the face into old age make up. I want the eyes to look really red and sore from the dust and mould that would be in Satis house, this could be allergies. I then want to place redness under the eyes again like the first design to show soreness. On the lips, there will be made red with Illamasquas cream blush in Libido. As there is no beauty make up involved in any of my designs for Miss Havisham I will keep the eyelashes bare and just comb through the eyebrows. I really want to create a crusty looking sunken in look. I will set all of these looks with translucent powder from Ben Nye and White eye-shadow from Kryolan.
DESIGN 3
This is my last design for the make up for Miss Havisham. This unfortunately is my least favourite design because I feel like it is lacking the most detail and quality. Anyway I would begin with creating a light almost white base and then sculpting the skin with supra colour and then setting with the appropriate colours to prevent it from moving. I would make the eyes look sunken in and aged by putting grey shadows in the sockets and underneath the eyes. I want to create an almost skeleton shape to the face. To make her seem unnourished and off ill health. I would put a small infected patch on the left side of the lip to make it look like she anxiously bites her lips.
I believe I want to go with my design 1 because I feel like it features the most and intricate make up that I can accomplish set in the time given to me. I also believe I will be able to recreate this again for continuity as when broken down into steps it is easily achieved again.


No comments:
Post a Comment