I created this hair chart for Miss Havisham. I'm very happy with it as it is meant to look messy and like old Victorian Wedding hair as Miss Havisham hadn't changed anything since her wedding day.
I decided to section the hair into four sections. One for the front curls, the second for the pin curls in the bun, third section for the actual bun and the fourth for the messy ratty looking curls at the back of the hair. I began my putting the hair in a middle parting and curling the front two sections and then pinning them to allow them to cool. I then moved onto the bun section and twisted this messily, pinning into place as I went. I left out two different length sections in the bun to make it look like the once perfect bun had been slept in and was now falling out. I then curled the back, back combed and messed up to achieve knotted messy hair.
I then unpinned the curls and started to place them according to my design. I finished with hairspray and when I get the right products I will lighten the hair with white to show she is greying.
First Practice:



Overall I am very happy with how this came out, I am now going to get feedback from my tutor in my next practical lesson.

No comments:
Post a Comment