This unit aims to inform me of the processes and practices that are integral to make-up and hair design for the performed body.
I will
learn how their own design and styling ideas can be developed to adapt to the
specific requirements of the body in motion. The unit will cover interpreting a
design brief, conceptualizing ideas using mood boards, storyboards and
presentations and forming practical requirements for make-up and hair in a lens
based environment. I will develop an understanding of how an image that
focuses on make-up and hair in film and television is researched, developed and
shot to suit a productions period or style and intended audience.
I will
produce plans, story boards and mood boards showing the make-up and hair
concept for a particular production, showing consideration for the type of media
production (e.g. digital fashion editorial, TV, film and music) which they will
present to their peers and be encouraged to critically evaluate the work with
reference to the target market. Emphasis will be placed on understanding how to
successfully research and concept the ‘story’ for an appropriate production and
format. I will assist and maintain the continuity of the performer’s
appearance by keeping a continuity record. I will subsequently
participate in an informal timed assessment to gauge technical competence and
appropriate studio practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment